Sunday, February 05, 2006

Mrs. Linklater Apologizes For Any Inconvenience

Mrs. Linklater is sorry, but she has to enable all her spam ammunition. This means comments are moderated AND you have to type in the correct letters in that stupid box to prove you aren't a machine. What a load o' crap. She hates it more than you do.
But she's being spammed by some jerkwad who won't take no for an answer.

Unfortunately, she thinks the person spamming her isn't a computer, but someone who is doing it manually. She can only wonder what else they're doing manually to get such a thrill out of spamming her again and again.

However, maybe, just maybe, it's a machine gone mad, considering how many spam messages are being left. All from one site.

Meanwhile, in Mrs. L's zeal to rid her blog of unwanted advertising, she may have accidentally removed a comment YOU made.One she no doubt LOVED. Please consider it a friendly fire deletion, because it was not intentional.

Feel free to comment again, assuming you can put up with all the barbed wire that's now in place.

And then remember what it was you wanted to say.

3 comments:

Brennan said...

Mrs. L,

I feel your pain. I also am a big hater of the sdalkdjdjsa comment requirement. However, just think of all the spam you'll miss out on. The sheer joy of that, let me tell you, is almost worth the pain.

I feel for ya! Keep rockin' the blogging world with sound advice and snappy comebacks! I will be cheering from the sidelines!

Remo said...

I don't mind the password thing. Just yesterday it asked me to type "diddle" in order to leave a comment.It made my day.

I always drink on my day off.

dreaminglily said...

I got spammed once and that made me do immediate word verification lol I understand completely. Haven't had to moderate comments yet, but I may in the future.

Besides, typing in the code makes me feel Special!......Ed... ::evil grin at my lack of PC::

~Lily